April Habits … Fresh & Social

This monthly habit thing is working well for me!

large__7170041343

In March I have been focused on fitting exercise into my week.  The scheduling of the workouts didn’t help me so much.  I may try that again another time.  What it did was focus my attention on the pockets of my week where exercise can fit in.  Just 30 to 60 minutes is all I need.  This afternoon, a coworker was talking about 30 minutes of exercise each day, and my principal said, “That’s just 2% of your day.”  Two percent!  What a difference that 2% can make on the other 98%!  I have also let go of the idea that my workouts need to be at the same time every day.  I’m trying to fit one workout in between leaving work and arriving at work the next morning.  That makes more sense with the hours I keep, rather organizing my workouts by day of the week.

large_6358946399

For April, I will be returning to the classroom for one of my habits.  Social media.  I love it and hate it, classroom-wise.  I have done a terrible, TERRIBLE job of keeping my class social media page updated.  It’s important — it’s how the parents know what’s going on in the classroom.  Paper newsletters are a waste of trees and time, but parents will respond to social media updates or messages within just a few hours, if not sooner.  My classroom goal for April is to post something on my class social media page every day.  It doesn’t have to be big…a photo or two, a comment about a classroom activity, a reminder about something the parents need to know.

market

The other habit I would like to try in April is to eat something fresh with every meal.  A raw fruit or veggie, a salad, a green smoothie…  I’m not expecting perfection, I just want to enter the decision-making with the intention of eating something raw.  Even a meal of box macaroni and cheese and chicken nuggets, one of my absolute favorites (it’s college nostalgia, not quality!), is completely fine as long as I have a clementine or some grapes to go with it.  Away with the all-or-nothing mentality!  Bring on the balance!  🙂

 

photo credit: <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/gammaman/7170041343/”>Gamma Man</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a&gt; <a

photo credit: <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/johanl/6358946399/”>Johan Larsson</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a&gt; <a href=”http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/”>cc</a&gt;

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: